Sunday, November 27, 2011

I am now a Directioner

Yesterday, as I was surfing Youtube, I stumbled upon the XFactor audition of Harry Styles. I immediately fell in love with his voice and decided to search him up to see how far he got in the show. And then I realized he was part of the boy band One Direction.

One of my friends is obsessed with that band, but I've never taken the time out to listen to anything. I decided to go ahead and listen to them last night, and I must say, they are fabulous! I really do love Harry Styles' voice. Liam Payne also has a very strong voice. His voice is perfect for ballads while Harry's voice is a perfect pop voice. Zayn Malik, Niall Horan, and Louis Tomlinson make up the rest of the band and their voices are sex-worthy. All of their voices are very smooth and strong and make me want to swoon. I only wish I was in England because their album, Up All Night, comes out in the US in March! That's much too long a wait.

Now, they're not the next Beatles, but they're definitely a good pop band. They have strong voices and their songs are very mainstream. I only wish they'd find a niche for themselves because right now, their songs are all over the place, from ballads to total pop. I do like their ballads though. The album shows their versatility.

I think that they will go pretty far as a band, or at least I hope they do. Why? Because a) they have great voices, b) they're in tune with mainstream music, c) they have British accents!! and d) they're sextastically good looking. I hope we continue to see more of them. They already have a huge fanbase and it's only been a year! Let's see that double this year, guys!

Here's a couple pictures of them, so you can see just how amazing they look :*



1 comment: